Activities of daily living (ADLs), as the name suggests, are tasks that are required to sustain an independent existence with a good quality of life. Most young individuals are fully capable of carrying out these tasks on their own. Those with impairments or older folks, on the other hand, may have a more difficult time doing ADLs independently. Here at Caruth Haven Court, we have an Assisted Living program that provides residents with assistance with daily living activities when necessary. Read on to find out more about it.
About Our Daily Senior Living Activities Assistance
While the precise number of ADLs varies depending on who you ask, most experts mention six fundamental daily living activities. The six fundamental ADLs, or physical ADLs concerned with one’s basic needs, are as follows:
- Ambulatory or functional mobility: The ability to move around freely and securely
- Feeding: The act of feeding oneself
- Dressing: The process of putting on clothes and putting together an outfit
- Personal hygiene: The management of personal hygiene components such as bathing, grooming, and tooth brushing
- Continence: The ability to regulate one’s bladder and bowel motions
- Toileting: Includes going to and from the bathroom, using the restroom correctly, and cleaning oneself appropriately
Caruth Haven Court has dedicated staff who provide specialized care to residents who require assistance with such daily living activities.
Benefits of Having Daily Living Activities Assistance in Your senior living community
Due to their limited physical mobility, people who require personal care typically require assistance with numerous daily living activities. When family members do not have to time or resources to assist their loved ones around the clock, it would be highly beneficial for their loved ones to live in a senior living community with professional staff who care provide them with personalized care.
When Should You Consider Moving into a senior living community?
Moving into a senior living community not only helps residents handle daily responsibilities, but also helps family members reduce stress. A senior living community is an excellent choice for people who wish to live independently while receiving assistance when needed. It is time to consider moving into a senior living community when you or your loved ones require these services:
- Assistance with feeding
- Assistance in personal hygiene
- Assistance with walking and daily mobility
- Assistance in bathing and showering in a safe setting
- Monitoring of nutrition intake and diet
- Monitoring of medication intake
- Assistance with bathroom use
- Planning of meals
- Assistance with dressing
Why Choose Caruth Haven Court for Senior Living?
Maintaining our residents’ health for extended periods is the key to a higher quality of life, which is why our staff takes a thorough approach to individualized care. Professional staff will be on hand to offer you with the level of support you require from the time you move in with us. Our vibrant and warm community will meet all of your unique needs.
To learn more about living in Caruth Haven Court, contact us or call us at 214.308.0083 today.